The Sales Process is Changing
Today I’m sitting in a seminar on social selling with LinkedIn presented by my good friend Shane Serra (check out his LinkedIn profile here) from WSI. Shane is brilliant at social selling and I’ve learned much from him over the years. He’s on the cutting edge of the new developments with LinkedIn and how social selling is evolving. LinkedIn is a great way to establish relationship with other business people on a professional basis and every salesperson and sales manager needs to know how to use it. Even though my profile is in the top 5% of all LinkedIn users, I’m open to learning even more. I’m learning that the current pace of technology and social interaction is changing the overall sales process faster than we can imagine, and that’s important for a sales coach and leader.
Think about it as an introduction to a like minded potential business relationship. The right introduction can lead to a great business relationship that could profit your business for years. Even more than that, this is the future of selling. Those sales managers, sales people and business leaders who choose to not incorporate social selling into their sales process will be left behind and risk a slow sales death and extinction!
How to Improve Your LinkedIn Profile
The first thing that people look at in your profile is your picture. They are looking to see if it is professional and does it look like someone they would like to do business with. If not, someone looking at your profile will not go any further. Then they will look at your headline to see what you are all about so make sure that you let them know what you do or can do for them. From there they will check out your summary and get to know you better.
Tweaks You Need for Success
Here are some great tips to improve your profile.
- Writing – Get a professional writer to write your bio and history. Why? Simple, the right words make all the difference to attracting the right clients for your business.
- Photo – Get a professional photo and change them occasionally. LinkedIn will send out a notification that your profile has been updated and more people will look to see what you have changed. More views means people are more aware of what your services are.
- Endorsements – When you endorse people in your network they will get notified and asked if they would like to return an endorsement. That means more page views and can lead to a better connection with someone you are getting to know.
- Keywords – Know what keywords you want to promote so that your prospects can find you.
- Video – Make sure to include an introductory video in your summary section. Videos send a strong social signal in the Google search algorithm. That means a video can earn you power over a competitor when people search for your serves on the web.