Sales coaching professionals will tell you that there are a number of aspects that need to be considered when you customize your active sales prospecting style. There have been many industry trainers, business coaching professionals and sales coaching professionals that will tell you how you “have to” do sales prospecting. What they are referring to is a methodology of sales prospecting that they have found that works for them. You will benefit from finding your own specific style.
There are many ways to accomplish the sales prospecting revenue cycle; in fact there are as many different styles as there are different personalities. I’ve seen people who do their sales prospecting on the run as they make their way to another appointment, some prefer to call at a specific time each day and others set objectives and work on prospecting for new sales clients all day keeping focused on the challenge each day. To find your personal prospecting combination you will need to consider how you work best and customize your sales prospecting to work with you not against you.
Sales Coaching Tips Help You Choose Your Style of Sales Prospecting
Dreams become realities when you are able to generate regular sales income in your business. It’s important to choose a sales prospecting style that you can and will do each day. Most people have the capability to prospect, however many choose a sales prospecting method that is inconsistent with their personality and business style. When you are doing things that are contrary to your personal style and natural instincts, the feeling of being out of integrity with yourself will cause you to stop prospecting and your sales will suffer. Once stopped, you may find guilt setting in because you’re not doing the actions that you need to do to build your business success. Eventually a lack of cash flow will push or force you to go back to your old style of prospecting. I call this the Sales Prospecting Crazy Cycle.
The Sales Prospecting Crazy Cycle:
- Being out of integrity with your personal values for not working at sales prospecting
- Feeling guilty for not doing what you know will build your business – I know I should be prospecting for more sales prospects, but I’m not.
- Forced into action due to economic concerns – back to sales prospecting because I have to.
- Then it starts all over again
Sales Coaching Questions to Ask Your Self
Consider your natural instincts and personality when you are finding your personal prospecting style by noticing what and how you get things done in other areas of your business and life. Often we can find clues to what will work best for us in sales prospecting by examining how you work best. Are you most productive in the morning or afternoon in your business? Do you like to have a routine schedule or work on what comes your way? All of these types of sales coaching questions will give you a hint of what you need to experiment with to achieve the sales results you are looking for.
- What type of sales prospecting suits your business best and why?
- What type of sales prospecting suits your personality best and why?
- What type of sales prospecting do you have the greatest success with?
- Do you prefer a regular time and day for making contacts of do you prefer to work off a goal?
- What will motivate you to prospect regularly for new sales prospects?
- What will hold you back from prospecting for new sales regularly?
For more information on Sales Coaching visit RichGRof.com.