Performance Planning in 7 Simple Steps for Sales Managers
When is the Best Time to Look at Your Sales Performance Planning?
Planning for Success
Good managers know that planning in advance and reviewing these plans on a regular basis to see what changes are needed are important for success.
I encourage my coaching members to adopt a simple system in order to plan for their success. The simpler your plan is, the more likely you will follow it. When making your plan keep in mind that most people will over estimate what they can change in one year and underestimate what they can do in 3-5 years.
What You Need to Look at
- Do a business review of your current year’s statistics for your sales totals and for each sales person.
- Do a review of your personal and team S.W.O.T. (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats).
- Set your goals for sales and lifestyle first then look at what needs to happen to accomplish them.
- Review your past sales/marketing plan and decide how your plan will need to change and adapt.
- Review areas for technical growth and ability.
- Set up your own Personal Implementation Plan. Without a comprehensive plan to make change happen you could run into problems you never expected.
- Set up your tracking and monitoring system.
Timing your Review
I personally like to plan a trip away to do planning. Even if it is a short day trip, a change of scenery will help you look at your business and the possibilities that are available for you in the coming year in a different way. Regardless of how you plan, you need to plan for success. So take the time and schedule in your business review now, you will be taking your first step to a great future!